Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

A

GlutenizedDuck

Started by Anonymous, February 09, 2014, 01:16:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 6 Window Lickers are viewing this topic.

Anonymous

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/d/dd/Wheat_gluten_%28vegetarian_mock_duck%29_2007.jpg/715px-Wheat_gluten_%28vegetarian_mock_duck%29_2007.jpg">

For more details on the use of gluten in cooking, see Wheat gluten (food).

Gluten, especially wheat gluten, is often the basis for imitation meats resembling beef, chicken, duck, fish, (mock duck), and pork. When cooked in broth, gluten absorbs some of the surrounding liquid (including the taste) and becomes firm to the bite

Anonymous

http://assets.inhabitat.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/1/files/2013/03/quorn-meatless-meatballs.jpg">

spaghetti and gluten balls

Anonymous

I have to apologize in advance to whom ever I see buy this product. I am going to laugh in your general direction.  Sorry in advance.

http://bensmithsolutions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Veggie-Patch-Meatless-Meatballs1.jpg">

Anonymous

Quote from: "Mockthis"I have to apologize in advance to whom ever I see buy this product. I am going to laugh in your general direction.  Sorry in advance.

http://bensmithsolutions.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Veggie-Patch-Meatless-Meatballs1.jpg">

I have never tried these meat substitute products.

Renee

The topic of this thread is frickin gross.

Most people are trying to limit the gluten in their diet; not find creative ways to mimic real food with it. :lol:
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"The topic of this thread is frickin gross.

Most people are trying to limit the gluten in their diet; not find creative ways to mimic real food with it. :lol:

Most people Renee? Some people have allergies to gluten, but they would be the minority.

Renee

Quote from: "Shen Li"

Most people Renee? Some people have allergies to gluten, but they would be the minority.

A lot of people are cutting down on it and not just those with allergies or celiac disease. People can be gluten sensitive and not even realize it because the symptoms are not just limited to intestinal inflammation. It can manifest itself as chronic fatigue and headaches as well.  Gluten by itself has absolutely no nutritional value at all and the only reason we are ingesting it is because it is contained in wheat and other whole grains. Not only that; but our overconsumption of wheat flour along with refined sugar is linked to the explosion in obesity we have been seeing for the past 20 years. Cutting down on gluten in some of its many forms is not exactly a bad idea.
\"A man\'s rights rest in three boxes. The ballot-box, the jury-box and the cartridge-box.\"

Frederick Douglass, November 15, 1867.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Renee"

A lot of people are cutting down on it and not just those with allergies or celiac disease. People can be gluten sensitive and not even realize it because the symptoms are not just limited to intestinal inflammation. It can manifest itself as chronic fatigue and headaches as well.  Gluten by itself has absolutely no nutritional value at all and the only reason we are ingesting it is because it is contained in wheat and other whole grains. Not only that; but our overconsumption of wheat flour along with refined sugar is linked to the explosion in obesity we have been seeing for the past 20 years. Cutting down on gluten in some of its many forms is not exactly a bad idea.

I hadn't thought about my intake of gluten.

Anonymous

http://fiftytwochanges.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/bigstock-Gluten-Free-344037951.jpg">

Anonymous

Anonymous

Quote from: "tofooey"

A homemade burger with lean ground beef, in a whole wheat thin bread with fresh onion, grilled garlic and romaine lettuce is not junk food.

Obvious Li

gluten is a killer.....along with enriched white flour...so almost all breads and baking products should be avoided.....i love brown or multigrain bread but most contain shitloads of enriched white flour and are merely colored dark...so i avoid them as well...if you can get real sourdough bread it is ok...

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"

gluten is a killer.....along with enriched white flour...so almost all breads and baking products should be avoided.....i love brown or multigrain bread but most contain shitloads of enriched white flour and are merely colored dark...so i avoid them as well...if you can get real sourdough bread it is ok...

My husband is Dutch and he must have bread.

:cry:

Anonymous

Quote from: "Fashionista"
Quote from: "tofooey"

A homemade burger with lean ground beef, in a whole wheat thin bread with fresh onion, grilled garlic and romaine lettuce is not junk food.

I hope they used lean ground beef.  And I don't see any bacon on that burger do you.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/The_Green_Monkey/Jan%2029%2006/bigburger.jpg">

Anonymous

Where are the fries

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v445/The_Green_Monkey/Jan%2029%2006/bigburger.jpg">